This FW breakfast event is all about supporting women in our field to identify, enter and thrive in roles in organisations not traditionally considered by academic researches. To help us do this we have brought together an amazing line up of leaders of diverse organisations in the health and medical research sector who will each join a breakfast table as its ‘Table Leader’. This will provide a unique opportunity to chat with them informally about the opportunities for technical trained professionals in their organisations, what non-technical skills are valued in these roles and lessons learnt after navigating their own journey to leadership.
Four of our Table Leaders, Annette Schmiede, Dom Tilden, Kathy Refshuage and Sarah Neville, will take part in a facilitated panel discussion which we are sure will identify many common skills and values that are transferrable between roles in and outside of academia. We have planned for the event to be as practical as possible so we have left lots of time for discussion and networking so you can connect with our Table Leaders and the other amazing women in the room. And, of course, a delicious breakfast.
We are excited to welcome leaders from reputable organisations across the health and medical research sector, from consulting and industry to academic and government. Take the time to look at their Linked In profiles and organisation websites to get a taste of the insights and inspirations to come!
- Table 1 – Annette Schmiede, Executive Leader, Bupa Health Foundation
- Table 2 – Dominic Tilden, Director, Thema Consulting
- Table 3 – Heather Catchpole, Managing Director and Head of Content, Refraction Media
- Table 4 – Kathy Refshauge, Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney
- Table 5 – Kerry Doyle, Chief Executive Officer, Heart Foundation (NSW)
- Table 6 – Marie Dziadek, Chief Scientific Officer, Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- Table 7 – Sarah Neville, Executive Director, Data Analytics, Independent Hospital Pricing Authority
- Table 8 – Tony Penna, Director, Office of Health and Medical Research, NSW Health
- Table 9 – Jodie Wilson, Head of Market Access and HEOR, Immunology Australia, AbbVie
- Table 10 – Jananie Balendran, Field Doctor, Médecins Sans Frontières
Date(s) - 26/09/2018
7:15 am - 9:15 am
The Primus Hotel
339 Pitt St
Categories No Categories
The first time you register for an event, an account will automatically be created for you. (This is a non-member account). A username and password will be emailed to you. This allows you to manage your event bookings.
If you are already a Member or have previously booked an event, please login to your account prior to purchasing tickets. (To become a Member, see our Join us page).
(Franklin Women's Paypal account is registered under Biotalk Pty Ltd)
This event is fully booked.